As a student at Coventry University you will be expected to set up and manage your own blog to use throughout your degree. To help get you started and provide some helpful resources, this ready made template provides you with all you’ll need to get started with WordPress blogging.
ONCE YOU HAVE FAMILIARIZED YOURSELF WITH THIS TEMPLATE, REPLACE THIS ‘ABOUT’ PAGE CONTENT WITH A PERSONAL BIOGRAPHY ABOUT YOU, YOUR MEDIA INTERESTS AND YOUR PROFESSIONAL ASPIRATIONS.
Along the top of the page you can see links to other pages in the blog. These include;
– Your HOME page is where your ‘posts’ will appear in a time-line. Most of your blogging will be done on this page.
– You are currently on the ABOUT page, once you are familiar with how your blog works you can change the text in this page to tell your audience about yourself, or simply delete the page.
– The HOW TO page features a quick guide to get you started with blogging, from creating pages to posting images and text, you’ll find the answers here.
– The LINKS page has a selection of useful websites for help with your WordPress blog and modules as well as other University links. You may want to add more useful links to this page as you develop your blog.
– The CU RESOURCES page links to essential Coventry University pages and resources that you will need to use as a student, these include the Library website and the Media Loan Shop page.